- Vicarage Gate
- GU2 7QJ
10% of normal parish income is donated to mission organisations.
Our current special project is to support Andrew and Clare Koens and family working with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Together with their three children they are based in Ukarumpa, the Wycliffe translation and training centre in the highlands of PNG. There are over 800 languages in this country! Andrew is assistant manager and small engines mechanic at the Autoshop, maintaining vehicles and equipment used by translators as they travel around PNG. As well as looking after three children Clare provides pastoral care to overseas workers who are facing challenges of various kinds. To read more about their work visit
You can view their latest newsletter here.
This year, we have a pilgrimage from Guildford to Winchester to raise money for the work of the Koens family.
In 2019 the charities we are supporting are:
- Guildford Town Centre Chaplaincy and their volunteer programmes of Street Angels, Volunteer Chaplains and Community Angels providing care and support for anyone living and working in Guildford. This is support carried on from 2017, with several connections with All Saints’ Parish.
- Friends International, welcoming and working among international students in Guildford.
- The Bishop of Guildford’s Foundation. Working among the most disadvantaged in Surrey and North East Hampshire.
- Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East, at the forefront of relief work in Baghdad, Jordan and elsewhere in the Middle East. A continuation of our support in 2018.
- The Bible Society, working across the world to make the Bible more accessible and help people relate to and make sense of it in their everyday lives.
- Grassroots Trust, working internationally on sponsorship projects for the needy, based near Farnham.
There will also be occasions during the year when we focus on the work of other mission organisations, including Christian Aid www.christianaid.org.uk and the Mission to Seafarers www.missiontoseafarers.org.
You can also find out more about the work of these charities by asking for the monthly Church Magazine to be delivered to your house! Annual subscription £6.