- Vicarage Gate
- GU2 7QJ
As the Mother Church of Guildford Diocese, the Cathedral greatly values its relationship with its parishes and deaneries and we value our relationship with the Cathedral. There is a Link Scheme whereby each parish and deanery has appointed someone to keep in touch with the Cathedral – our Link is Mrs Lucy Wallis (01483 302122). She is the key person in developing and strengthening the relationship between All Saints’ and the Cathedral. Part of the Cathedral’s commitment is to pray each and every day through the Diocesan Prayer Calendar.
We are also invited to
- worship at the Cathedral, especially on the day they pray for us.
- present the offertory at the Sunday Eucharist Service.
- use the Cathedral for our own needs – for example, bringing a Confirmation group or Sunday Club or church group on a pilgrimage around the Cathedral. For the last 2 years one of our Holiday Club groups has visited.
- invite the Cathedral to join our service – or example, we could invite the Cathedral Choir to a Parish Church to sing Evensong or give a Recital.
- become involved in the life of the Cathedral as a volunteer.
Lucy receives the Cathedral's bi-monthly diary giving us all the Cathedral news and information about events to publicise to the parish and we will publish it on this site as soon as it becomes available.
All Saints’ has always had very strong links with the Cathedral community – partly because we are so close geographically, but also because some of our congregation originally worshipped in the Crypt of the Cathedral before the building was finished.
- safeguard the Cathedral for current and future generations
- enhance the visitor experience by improving access, facilities and information
- enable more people to learn about and get involved in the Cathedral and its story
To find out more about the Appeal, please click here.